My ‘First 100 Days’ books ask you to take 3-5 minutes a day to explore a subject. This is a draft activity exploring ‘Curiosity’.
Take 60 seconds to consider where your wonder lies, where it may take you?
- Do you find beauty in discovery?
- Does your satisfaction lie in synthesising something discovered into what you already know?
- Is your fascination is taking others on a journey?
What do you find wonderful?
- Is it the lives of others, and seeing what they achieve and how?
- Is it the discovery of the mechanics of a thing: how something works, or the principles behind it?
- Is it the pure joy of something that makes you go ‘ah!’
Try to understand where you wonder lies: then compare that view with what you see from your window.
Does your job, your environment, your leadership, permit and enable you to explore this? Are you in balance?
If you were on a spaceship, what would you see through the window: feel free to deface the book to capture this thought.